Field Service Technician - Sensor Automation Logistics Industry
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: March 29, 2019
Worldwide one of the leading manufacturers of sensors and sensor solutions for industrial applications
It’s a great time to join SICK as an Field Service Technician. For 70 years global experience as a leading manufacture of Sensor Intelligence, SICK continues to provide innovative sensor solutions for the logistic industry. As an independent sensor expert, SICK offers tailor-made products and technologies and many years of experience in control, identification, monitoring and measurement processes. Our intelligent sensors reduce the complexity of our customer´s logistics solutions, thus contributing to increased value creation. At the same time, SICK sensors can be integrated into any system environment, and as such they offer a high degree of investment security. Intelligent sensor solutions from SICK - for a fast, efficient and economical logistics chain.
Grow your technical skills, industry knowledge and advance your career using SICK innovative automation products and participate in the development of our business!
Learn about us:
This field position will install; service and troubleshoot many SICK Ltd. products. Our customers and your colleagues will rely on your technical expertise regarding SICK Ltd.’s products and services in various industries. Primarily these roles will support our Logistic Automation customers. As you travel across Canada, your focus will be on analyzing and troubleshooting hardware/software issues, performing on-site modular/ component repairs, preventative maintenance and working with aluminum components to build frames.
This is a full-time permanent hourly paid opportunity. You’ll be asked to contribute over-time and on-call, weekends and/or evenings to meet and exceed our customer needs. This role is not focused inside a lab or office. You’ll be on the road 75% of every week and away from home many evenings. We offer strategic deployment work schedules, extensive group health benefits, profit sharing, community participation, a fabulous and skilled team to work with and training and development opportunities.
You may work independently or as a member of a team to install systems, which includes the verification of wiring connection and operation of products in accordance with customer’s specifications. Reports to detail the progress of the installation of our products will ensure we deliver end to end excellence. Your keen analysis and validation skills will provide necessary feedback to our sales, project management and engineering teams. Our customers will seek your technical guidance over the phone or emailed as needed. Your communication skills must be outstanding!
We welcome your application if you meet these criteria:
- Must have completed technical post-secondary degree (Electronics, Mechanical or related)
- Certified Electronic Technician (C.E.T. or C.Tech) or working toward is preferred
- You have experience making complex decisions
- You have at least 5 years technical experience
- Logistics industry experience is preferred
- Your command of the English language both written and verbal is outstanding
- Field Service Experience – 1 to 3 years preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Internet applications
- Math Skills are a must (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Familiarity with networks (understanding of IPs, subnets)
- Experience working with protocols such as Profinet an asset
Job Specific Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK Ltd. products
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division - cross-functional cooperation
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast paced environment
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet project deadlines
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Lotus Notes and Internet applications
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- You are Personable and Approachable
- Your customer service style is second to none
- Clean Driving Record and Valid Driving License
- Willingness to drive or fly if necessary (Flying on weekends may be required)
- This role works in a variety of working conditions, which may require you to stand, walk, sit, bend, operate manual small tools and twist/turn frequently. The environment might be in or outdoors where temperatures may vary. You’ll be required to lift up to 50 lbs. if necessary and work with a variety of mechanical and electrical tools.
- Engaging and collaborating on joint topics with our key divisional resources and colleagues in Germany and USA will be of highest priority. Your proven ability to develop solid relations with our internal experts will help leverage our collective know how which always results in superior customer satisfaction.
Sick Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, colour, age, sex, religion, perceived disability, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or any other basis prohibited by federal or provincial law.