Field Service Technician - Logistics Automation
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: August 30, 2019
Worldwide one of the leading manufacturers of sensors and sensor solutions for industrial applications
Join our Certfied Great Place to Work innovative and fast growing high tech organization where your contribution will drive future success! Our SICK Ltd. team is growing and we are seeking logistic industry technical expertise. Join our talented Field Service and Technical Support team.
Learn about us:
It’s a great time to join our organization as a Field Service Technician - Logistics Automation. Belong to our innovative and fast growing high tech organization and participate in the delivery of industry leading technical service!
This position delivers sensor intelligence technical installation and service within the logistics automation industry (retailing, warehousing, storage and conveyor, courier and express delivery).
Your primary talent will include the installation, service and troubleshooting many SICK Ltd. products. Our customers and your colleagues will rely on your technical expertise regarding SICK Ltd.’s products and services in various industries. Your focus will be on analyzing and troubleshooting hardware/software issues, performing on-site modular/component repairs, preventative maintenance and working with aluminum components to build frames.
You may work independently or as a member of a team to install systems, which includes the verification of wiring connection and operation of products in accordance with customer’s specifications. Reports to detail the progress of the installation of our products will ensure we deliver end to end excellence. Your keen analysis and validation skills will provide necessary feedback to our sales, project management and engineering teams. Our customers will seek your technical guidance over the phone or emailed as needed. Your communication skills must be outstanding!
We consider this role as an hourly paid; out-of-office position. You’ll be asked to contribute over-time and on-call, weekends and/or evenings to meet and exceed our customer needs. This role is not focused inside a lab or office. Regular travel within Canada is to be expected. All expenses are covered including travel time and costs. Time off with your friends and family is promted and we are dedicated to offer strategic deployment work schedules. Our Wellness Program includes a generous vacation plan with 17 days off and 3 personal days annually; a health spending account, full group health and dental benefits which are effective immediately; generous annual profit sharing; annual SICK C.A.R.E Day to give back to the community; a talented team to work alongside, specialized training locally and internationally and career progression. Our new office facility contains a fitness room and showers to promote healthy living.
We welcome your application by having the following qualifications:
- Must have completed post-secondary degree in Electronics or Mechanical or related
- Certified Electronic Technician (C.E.T. or C.Tech) or working toward is preferred
- You have experience making complex decisions
- You have at least 5 years sensor related technical experience
- Logistics industry experience is preferred
- Your command of the English language both written and verbal is outstanding
- Field Service Experience – 1 to 3 years preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and Internet applications
- Math Skills are a must (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Familiarity with networks (understanding of IPs, subnets)
- Experience working with protocols such as RS232/422 as well as profinet a bonus
Job Specific Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK Ltd. products
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast paced environment
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results
- Strong understanding of the business, and processes to improve efficiency
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively to meet project deadlines
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Lotus Notes and Internet applications
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- You are Personable and Approachable
- Your customer service style is second to none
- Valid Driving License
- Willingness to drive or fly if necessary (Flying on weekends may be required)
- This role works in a variety of working conditions, which may require you to stand, walk, sit, bend, operate manual small tools and twist/turn frequently. The environment might be in or outdoors where temperatures may vary. You’ll be required to lift up to 50 lbs. if necessary and work with a variety of mechanical and electrical tools.
- Engaging and collaborating on joint topics with our key divisional resources and colleagues in Germany and USA will be of highest priority. Your proven ability to develop solid relations with our internal experts will help leverage our collective know how which always results in superior customer satisfaction.
Sick Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, colour, age, sex, religion, perceived disability, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or any other basis prohibited by federal or provincial law.