Industrial Automation Specialist – Integration/Repair
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posted On: August 07, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 16, 2019
The primary responsibility for this position is to evaluate and repair SICK products returned by our customers, using advanced troubleshooting techniques to solve problems in a timely manner. This includes troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis, providing estimates and repair of the product. The secondary responsibility for this position is to design (dimensional drawings, electrical drawings, block diagrams, and flow diagrams using AutoCAD LT drafting software), build and assemble integrated systems for the Process Automation business segment and support factory acceptance testing (FAT) pre-delivery. You will also provide second tier technical support to SICK Service Coordinators and Field Service Technicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot and repair incoming products per SICK specifications, solving advanced troubleshooting problems and quickly repairing basic problems.
- Conduct quality inspections and review units repaired by other technicians to maintain quality of work.
- Provide repair estimates to key stakeholders.
- Attempt to simulate customer problems and find ways to improve efficiency of repairs.
- Inspect and test incoming damaged or malfunctioning products sent in by customers.
- Complete necessary repair paperwork and enter data into the computer system, track the product and the repair process.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to design, build and assemble the integrated system for customer delivery. This may include independently conducting technical build from drafted drawings or conducting factory acceptance testing.
- Read, interpret, utilize and create AutoCAD LT dimensional, electrical and block drawings.
- Provide a high level of technical support to SICK colleagues.
- Fill out status reports on open repairs, inform key stakeholders of potential delays in the repair process.
- Work on recurring problem repairs, document them and inform key stakeholders.
- Organize the Laboratory Room using best practices (5S, etc.) and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform incoming quality assurance inspections to ensure SICK quality standards are met.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure that products perform to SICK standards.
- Assist in processing products being returned to Germany for repair.
- Performing all tasks in accordance with SICK Health and Safety policy, OSHA and ISO standards.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.