Technical Careers @ SICK (Leave your Resume for Future Consideration)
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Last Day to Apply: March 31, 2020
Industrial Automation Technician - Life Time Services
SICK is a global business group with an inspiring corporate culture that fosters breakthrough ideas and engineering excellence. SICK welcomes dedicated, enthusiastic and conscientious team players who are keen to develop and deliver demanding customer solutions and implement strong, effective ideas centered on market needs.
SICK has high expectations of its people, but it offers workplace benefits to match, including initiatives to help balance work and family life and to promote good health.
We are proud of what we have accomplished, yet we still have ambitious objectives. As SICK’s corporate culture continues to evolve, we will carry on making clear, committed decisions, underpinned by a strong sense of responsibility toward our employees, the environment and society. We, as an organization, are unpretentious. Respect defines how we approach our work and engage with our customers and our coworkers. This is SICK. https://www.sick.com/ca/en
This position has primary responsibility performing repairs, commissioning and start-ups of SICK products including gas analyzers and flow meters. The services provided include on site troubleshooting and repair, product assembly, installation, commissioning, preparation of electrical connections and wiring as well as preventative maintenance and customer education. In addition you’ll be analyzing and troubleshooting hardware/software issues. This role will spend approximately 75% travelling to customer sites (3 out of 4 weeks) - likely across Canada. Our customers will rely on your technical expertise!
What Sick Offers
We offer better than competitive compensation, extensive group health benefits, profit sharing, community participation, a skilled team to work with and training and development opportunities.
- Some technical experience
- Post-secondary related technical degree/diploma
- Field service experience an asset
- Superb customer service and communication skills
- Able to manage complex decision and troubleshooting technical issues
- Fluent English language both written and verbal
- Computer proficiency ( skilled in Microsoft Office products, CRM systems, product software and Internet applications)
- Clean Driving Record and Valid Driving License
- Travel experience with a willingness to drive or fly if necessary
- This role works in a variety of working conditions which may require you to stand, walk, sit, bend, operate manual small tools and twist/turn frequently. The environment might be in or outdoors where temperatures may vary. You’ll be required to lift up to 50 lbs. if necessary and work with a variety of mechanical and electrical tools.
Sick Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, colour, age, sex, religion, perceived disability, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or any other basis prohibited by federal or provincial law.