Human Resources Business Partner
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posted On: January 07, 2021
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting SICK Ltd. Canada for all Human Resources needs. This is accomplished by driving and implementing HR initiative and programs in a way that ensure goals are accomplished while meeting the business unit/employee group’s needs. In addition, this position fosters diverse talents and perspectives by developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the people who work at SICK. This individual must be passionate about cultivating company culture while measuring and growing employee engagement.
- Provide general Human Resource support and ensure initiatives serve the business, align with company culture and improve the employee experience at SICK.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Provide advice and counsel based on knowledge and understanding of HR laws, practices and procedures, processes, policies, and guidelines. Enhance, execute and communicate developed human resource policies and procedures, as required.
- Promote an environment of positive employee relations, maintaining confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility and demonstrating high-level of integrity. Respond to employee questions, requests, and issues with a service attitude.
- Demonstrated experience with understanding the pulse of the organization to cultivate culture, grow employee engagement and influence how people behave.
- Build strong relationships with employees and advocate for their job enrichment, engagement, and growth.
- Serve as a trusted and credible partner, providing expert employee relations and consultative services to leadership and employees.
- Collaborate with leaders on developing short and longer-term people strategies and annual goal setting process to ensure alignment to SICK strategic priorities.
- Advise and consult managers & employees during difficult and highly complex HR issues – including performance management, corrective/disciplinary action, and investigations. Facilitate resolution of employee relations issues and offer guidance to Managers and other HR team members.
- Design, manage, communicate, and train company on the performance management process, documentation, and system.
- Understand business strategy, plan, and activities to assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions (e.g. leadership development and gaps, succession planning, business changes, etc.)
- Promote and manage benefits plans (health, dental, life, , RSP, etc.).
- Responsible for the support of full cycle recruitment strategies and processes.
- Ensure new hire process is complete effectively and timely; offer letter, background checks, driver abstracts, drug screens, application process, etc.
- Develop, support, and champion organizational change initiatives.
- Develop programs and implement recommendations supporting achievement of business goals and strategy.
- Play a key role in developing and leading projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and functional leaders throughout SICK globally.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Master’s degree and PHR/SPHR a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Quebec Provincial Law experience is a plus
- Experience working as generalist in a manufacturing or sales related environment, with both non-exempt and exempt personnel.
- Able to manage confidential information properly.
- Able to work independently with multiple priorities to successfully complete assigned projects and responsibilities.
- Able to identify and implement programs and solutions to business needs.
- Able to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills and strong attention to detail.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions.
- Able to take a collaborative approach on problem solving.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet applications, HRIS, and LMS.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Sick Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, colour, age, sex, religion, perceived disability, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or any other basis prohibited by federal or provincial law. SICK Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.